SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS DOING GOOD WORK IN OUR COMMUNITY
The Rotary Club of Waupaca is committed to helping our community thrive, and we do that by investing financial resources, time and talent with organizations and in projects that align with our mission to serve others, promote integrity, and advance understanding, goodwill and peace.
Community Service Grants
Each year, the Rotary Club of Waupaca provides grants of up to $2,500 each and totaling about $10,000 to area organizations. Grants support on-going community programs and new initiatives aligned to our club’s mission. Here is just a sampling of initiatives we’ve supported in recent years:
- PPE for Waupaca School District: $3,000 to help the district purchase personal protective equipment to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 early in the pandemic.
- Chain School Hats for Heroes Match: Rotary matched $697 raised by students of the Chain School in Waupaca for the American Red Cross.
- Supporting Census Registration: $500 to Foundations for Living to support a community picnic focused on registering people for the 2020 US Census
- Food Pantry Donation: $750 to help the Waupaca Area Food Pantry meet surging demand for food support during the pandemic.
- Waupaca Community Arts Hub Scholarships: $500 to support participation by students who cannot afford to pay the full price of art classes and music lessons offered at the Arts Hub.
Could your organization use funding or volunteer support to complete a project that helps people in our community? We encourage you to review and consider filling out a Community Service Grant application.
High School Community Service Day
Since 2006, Rotary members have worked with a high school class on community service projects organized by the students. Projects provide members and students the opportunity to work side-by-side to work on projects that improve our community.